Bookings are confirmed on receipt of the booking form and receiving the deposit of 25% of the holiday cost. The balance of the rental will be due for payment 8 weeks before the start of your holiday. If the booking is made within 2 months of the holiday start date, then payment will be due in full.
Cancellations must be immediately notified to us and confirmed in writing. The treatment of a cancellation will depend on a) the date the booking was made, and b) when the cancellation is made:
- Bookings placed after 6th June 2020 have Cancellation Protection cover under our Master Cancel Policy if you cancel between 60 days and 2 days prior to arrival.
- If you cancel from 60 days up to and including 2 days before check-in date, you will receive a full refund of the lodging costs you have paid. Only lodging costs are refunded. Additional extras, including but not limited to cleaning fees, tax and other ancillary charges are not refunded. Refund payment for cancelled booking will be released back to the cancelling guest on the scheduled date of check-out of the original booking. Cancellations made 1 day prior to, or on the day of check-in will not be eligible for refund. Example: for a check-in on Friday you could cancel the prior Wednesday before 16.00 and be reimbursed in full, but not on Thursday (1 day prior) or Friday (day of check-in). For this reason we strongly recommend you take out your own travel insurance for UK holidays which covers booking cancellations. This is available at very affordable rates, and gives you the peace of mind that you will get your money back if you need to cancel your holiday. If you choose not to then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
- If you cancel 61 or more days before check-in date – Unique Retreats will provide fully flexible cancellation from the date of booking to the commencement of the period covered by our Master Cancel policy on receiving written confirmation of cancellation. We will refund all monies paid upon receiving written confirmation of cancellation within 2 weeks.
- Bookings placed before 6th June 2020 are not cancellation protected, meaning that if you cancel before the date the balance is due, and we are able to re-let your dates, we will refund you the deposit amount (which may be less than you paid – eg if the final letting price was discounted or only some of the days are re-let) less an administration fee of 10%. If we are unable to re-let you remain responsible for the deposit and there will be no refund under any circumstances. You will be reimbursed at check-out date of original booking. From 42 days before check-in to the day of check-in, you remain responsible for the full rent and there will be no refund unless we are able to re-let your dates, in which case we will refund you all or part of the sum you have paid, depending on the value of the replacement booking, less a 10% administration fee. You will be reimbursed at check-in date of the original or replacement booking, whichever has the later arrival date. We would strongly advise that guests take out a travel insurance policy which covers booking cancellations. This is available at very affordable rates, and gives you the peace of mind that you will get your money back if you need to cancel your holiday. If you choose not to then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
CIRCUMSTANCES ON SITE BEYOND THE CONTROL OF THE OWNER
If for any reason we have to cancel your booking in advance due to circumstances beyond our control at our site – for example fire, flood, or destruction/damage to the property – then we will at our sole discretion seek to find you comparable accommodation for your dates, or will offer you alternative dates, or we will refund the full amount of the booking. If we have to terminate your holiday early for the above reasons you will be relocated/credited/refunded part of the booking fee value based on the time remaining of the booking. This will be the full extent of the liability of the Owners. No additional compensation, expenses or costs will be payable.
- Other than holidays covered by the Cancellation Protection conditions above (for bookings made after 6th June 2020), we do NOT cover you for your holiday being unavailable due to natural disasters, terror attacks, acts of war, hijacking, riots, incidents of civil unrest, pandemics, epidemics, or general restrictions on movement imposed by local or national Government, which may prevent you from taking your holiday. We would strongly advise that guests take out a travel insurance policy which covers booking cancellations. This is available at very affordable rates, and gives you the peace of mind that you will get your money back if you need to cancel your holiday. If you choose not to then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.