The balance is due eight weeks before the arrival day. If this is not received on time, we have the right to cancel the booking and the deposit will be lost. We are not obliged to send reminders. For bookings made within the eight week period of the arrival day, the full payment must be paid immediately.
Our prices are inclusive and quoted in Pounds Sterling (GB) inclusive of VAT at the prevailing rate. Payment can be made by cheque (payable to: J Ellis (cheques must be received within 4 days of the booking being made or the booking will be cancelled) or via bank transfer or by credit/debit card via Paypal, please contact us for details.
Bank Details for payment transfer:
Account Number: 01856034
Sort Code: 11-00-23
Bank Name: Halifax
Please reference your payment as your booking surname and the retreat name.
Cancellations must be made initially by telephone and then confirmed in writing. We recommend that you take out travel insurance which provides for cancellation cover and if you think you may have to cancel we advise discussing this with us immediately as this gives us the best opportunity to re-let the property for you.
The Client must not assign or part with the possession of the property or any part of it or anything contained in the property or use it other than as a single dwelling for holiday occupation by the people whose names appear on the booking form.
The Client must ensure that nothing happens which may be a nuisance or inconvenience to occupiers of neighbouring property or adversely affect any insurance of the property.
Additional Terms and Condition for guests bringing their dog(s).
- On arrival please keep your dog(s) on the lead while you unpack and get your bearings. It’ll take a few minutes and get to know the site and where the walks are. There is a lane if you go out of the cottages and turn left and on your right is Brackenhill Lane which you can walk up and enjoy views of Whitby, where you can let them off to stretch their legs. Other guests may have dogs too, so control is important at all times.
- There will be other guests, other dogs on site so you must keep your dog(s) on a lead around the other properties, this means keeping them on the lead when you first set out for your walk. Once they’re out in the designated fields lanes they can be off the lead as much as you like provided they are under your control. They must not chase any livestock or wildlife. Dogs are not allowed in the bedrooms. We will have to levy an extra cleaning charge if they have been on the beds or on the sofas and damaged sheets will have to be paid for.
- If you are part of a group booking, and your party has taken two or more cottages the dog(s) must remain in the cottage that the dog(s) were booked into. If they are going to enter the other cottages the dog fee per cottage must be paid in addition as each cottage will need additional cleaning.
- You must let us know in advance if you’re intending on bringing your dog(s). All dogs must be booked in by prior agreement. Any dogs that have not been booked in may not be allowed to stay and you will need to book them into a local kennel. All dog(s) will be charged at £30 per dog per stay, per cottage.
- Your dog(s) must not be left alone with free run of the property. We provide dog tags if you need them, water bowls, towel, lead, poo bags, toy and some dog treats. We provide a guide of dog friendly pubs and restaurants and places to visit so that your dog can be with you as much as possible.
- We regret that dogs that bark continuously are not allowed at Unique retreats. They will disturb the other guests.
- When you bring a muddy dog back from a walk, please clean them off using the outside tap and either your own or our canine towel provided. Please on no account use the white towels provided for human use.
- Poop patrol! When you take your dogs for a walk, please pick up after your dog(s) Please dispose of poops in the outside poo-bin, whatever the weather. We provide a dedicated poo bin outside next to the bin store area, so please use it. And remember to take bags with you to the beach and on walks.
- If you have a puppy please take extra care. They will chew the furniture or soft furnishings here in our 5 star cottages! Maintaining our grading is key to our business and we can’t always repair things, it has to be replaced, we will have to charge you. We would always expect you to bring a cage with you.
- The Countryside Code must be followed so please keep your dog(s) under close control at all times for their own safety as well as the comfort of others.
- Please give the cottage a basic clean, and remove as much of the dog hair as possible; if properties require serious additional cleaning we will have to charge a £50 fee to cover the cost. (From September 2013 to June 2015 this has never needed to be applied).
- There are lots of dog walks over surrounding fields and in the country lanes. Please do be aware there may be animals in fields, and do not take dogs into fields with animalsOne medium sized well behaved dog is permitted with agreement in the Piggery, Cowslip Cottage and Cowslip Retreat, but please be considerate to other guests and do not allow your dog to bark. There are plenty of walks out of the cottages where your dog can be exercised and toiletted. We know that occasionally accidents in the garden will happen but please clean any dog waste up. Cleaning any dog waste up after your stay will result in a £20 charge.
- However in the other properties we do not accept pets. If pets are brought on site then we reserve the right to ask you to leave immediately. You will not be entitled to a refund for the balance of your stay.
You will report without delay any defects in the property or any breakdown of equipment or appliances. Arrangements for repair or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
We are committed to ensuring the best standards of practice in all our activities. Visitors to our web site can be assured that the protection of privacy and confidentiality are given the highest priority. All personal information is collected, held and used in strict compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We do not collect any personal information from visitors to our website other than information that is knowingly and voluntarily given. Anonymous information is collected, such as the number of visitors to the website in a given period or details of properties and dates selected for online bookings, but it is purely statistical and cannot be used to identify an individual user. Cookies are not used to collect any other information from visitors to the website.
Third Party Disclosure
We will NEVER pass any personal information on to any third party without your consent.
We take appropriate measures to safeguard the information we hold from unauthorised access or improper use. Our database is stored in a secure, password protected location. Only users authorised by us have access to this data.
Integrity of Data
We take all reasonable measures to ensure that the information we hold is accurate. In particular we use reliable collection methods and destroy or convert to an anonymous form, any out-of-date data. Individuals may request details of all personal information held by us so as to contest inaccurate or incomplete data, verify the information and have it corrected as appropriate.