We’re Very Dog Friendly
Dog Friendly Cottage Holidays in North & East Yorkshire coast. Take your dogs away to one of our dog-friendly holiday cottages for a break that you can all enjoy
Our doggy welcome hamper includes…
- A complimentary toy for your dog to keep.
- Dog Towels and Shampoo.
- Doggy Treats that are handmade in ‘Whitby’
- Bowls and Pooh Bags.
- The towels are for muddy paws. There is a dog hose pipe with sponge to clean mucky dogs. Please don’t use the bath or showers.
- We provide sofa throws also – we know keeping your dogs off the furniture can be a challenge, but please use the throws provided to help us keep the cottages looking as good as they do.
- You will also find Dog walk suggestions of varying lengths, and you’ll find a laminated OS map in the cottage and a torch for your evening stroll. There are also laminated walks that we’ve enjoyed – and more importantly Maisie has enjoyed, in our bespoke cottage guides.
Please ensure that the cottage is clean and free from dog hair before you leave. There is a vacuum cleaner for your use, which we clean out every week.
We do have house-rules for our doggie guests…
And they are what you would expect in any luxury holiday cottage accommodation ie not allowed on the bed, and only allowed on the sofa if using a throw from the basket provided or your own throws if you bring them with you.
We are very happy to welcome well behaved dogs (and their well behaved owners), but for the sake of peaceful coexistence and a happy holiday for all, we would ask that you follow a few simple rules, and remember that taking a holiday with your dog isn’t the same as taking a holiday from your responsibilities as a dog owner. That way we can keep our 5* gold cottages both dog-friendly and 5* gold. Many thanks for your cooperation.
- DOGS ARE NOT PERMITTED IN THE BEDROOMS OF OUR COTTAGES or RETREATS.
- Dogs are not permitted to be left in the cottage or grounds unattended.
- The interior and grounds of the property must be left in a clean, undamaged condition.
- Dogs must be clean before entry to the cottage / retreat.
- Your dog must not be permitted to cause any kind of nuisance to neighbours.
Find out where you and your best friend are welcome with Doggie Pubs
Doggie Pubs lists over 5,000 pubs throughout the U.K. that welcome dogs. Just click the icon to see a selection of Dog Friendly pubs in and around the local area.www.doggiepubs.org.uk
We ask that worming and flea control programmes are up to date for the benefit of your pets and as a courtesy to subsequent guests in your cottage
Please ensure your dog is microchipped and that it is registered to your current permanent address.
- While you might like to enjoy different food whilst you’re on holiday, our pets are happiest if their diet remains the same. So please make sure you bring sufficient food for your holiday as well as any medication they might need.
- If you are going for a day out somewhere dogs are not permitted, please remember that dogs must not be left unattended in the cottages unless crated or using our doggy day care the Happy Hounds Pet Service on 07835 889731
- You can register with www.tailster.com (Tel: 0208 0040860) to book a local dog walker. However, if you are having difficulty booking a dog walker, please let us know in advance and we will do our best to find someone.
Recommended Veterinary Practice
Hopefully you won’t have need of a vet while you are staying with us at Unique retreats, but if you do have an emergency then we would recommend…
The Beck Veterinary Practice
Animal Health Centre, High Stakesby Whitby, YO21 1HL
Telephone: 01947 820333
Aldgate Vets Driffield
St Johns Place, Driffield, YO25 6QD
Telephone: 01377 252087
Please see below useful RSPCA factsheet.